The two sisters

The oldest, B, and her husband recently made the move out West from the Carolinas. They are getting accustomed to life in the country and becoming a student once again for the mister. The youngest, A, and her husband made a short move within the Carolinas for the mister to once again, become a student.

When we both found ourselves in similar situations - moving and the misters going back to school - but far apart from one another, we thought a blog would be a great way to still do something together and for family and friends to keep up with us. Follow us as we share our love for cooking, the great outdoors, and home.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hello Old Friend...


It seems like it's been a long time since I've contributed....thanks, Ash, for keeping it up!

We had our first visitor! Julie came from NC! She came a few days early to visit me and check out the new homestead. Then, we headed to Vegas on my birthday for work and fun. We had a great time, and time spent with a good friend was muuuuuch needed. Thank you, Julie, for coming to visit!!

When I got home from the Vegas trip, James had finished so many projects around the house! I had a hammock setup, a guest room finished, a new desk built, and so many other little things that made a huge difference.
So, here is a room update. Click here to remember the wood paneling and 40 year old curtains. Here is the new, 21st century bedroom:

James got my desk built and office curtains hung...I looove it. Thanks to Ash's creativity, she gave me the idea to go hunt down an old door and create a DIY desk. Luckily, this house has all kinds of treasures lying around. I found two great, old doors. I picked one to turn into my desk. Still trying to figure out what I want for a desk chair, but here is the desk.
My dried lavender and yarrow is also ready to take down. The lavender can be used in recipes, teas or potpourris. The yarrow, I am learning, can be used medicinally for everything from cough and cold to breakouts and cuts. Sound too good to be true? I will soon find out...yarrow to the rescue! Who knew Utah would bring out the witch doctor in me? HA!


Now, I'm off to clean my house and finish my work for the week! I am on vacation the next two days while two very important guests come to visit the west!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the desk! And the curtains look great too!

    ReplyDelete