The two sisters

The oldest, B, and her husband recently made the move out West from the Carolinas. They are getting accustomed to life in the country and becoming a student once again for the mister. The youngest, A, and her husband made a short move within the Carolinas for the mister to once again, become a student.

When we both found ourselves in similar situations - moving and the misters going back to school - but far apart from one another, we thought a blog would be a great way to still do something together and for family and friends to keep up with us. Follow us as we share our love for cooking, the great outdoors, and home.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Snow in August

Because that's normal....right? To all my sweaty, sticky Southern folk...pray for me this fall and winter! James and I decided to go for an impromptu after-work-hike yesterday. When we looked across the canyon, we could see fresh snow on top of the mountains from the rain we got yesterday. SNOW! Of course, I forgot my camera, but trust me....there was freakin snow!
It rained all morning yesterday. It was in the 50s all day and then mid 40s when I went to the grocery store last night. I guess I need to go unpack all the winter clothes I just packed up. (Yes, mid 40s = winter clothes to me....like I said, pray for me this fall/winter.)

Speaking of cold...James and I went on our first backpacking trip in Utah this weekend. We met another couple that moved here from Charlotte, NC this summer. They were instant friends. The four of us and three dogs went backpacking. The most amazing thing to all of us was that we could go for just one night because it only took us 20 min to get there! How exciting! We are used to having to drive about 4 hours one way to get to the mountains, so we were in the habit of taking off for at least two nights. We were like kids at Christmas being able to cruise up the canyon 20 min for a night of backpacking. We went back to the same place James and I did our first hike. A beautiful 8 mi round trip hike to a lake and back. Check out the cows freely grazing. If I were a cow...this would be the deal!



Also, here are some pics from a hike James took the dogs on a while back. It's a really cool canyon and great for a quick day hike. I think it was a little hot that day...Riley had to cool off somehow. Don't judge...beauty is in the eyes of the beholder....
On a food note...James and I made chicken enchiladas last week...yum! Last night, homemade pizza. No pic, unfortunately, but we made homemade pizza sauce, layered up cheese, onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, pineapple and pepperoni. Salad, few glasses of wine...delicious! Hit the spot, right before I passed out cold.


B


No comments:

Post a Comment