The two sisters

The oldest, B, and her husband recently made the move out West from the Carolinas. They are getting accustomed to life in the country and becoming a student once again for the mister. The youngest, A, and her husband made a short move within the Carolinas for the mister to once again, become a student.

When we both found ourselves in similar situations - moving and the misters going back to school - but far apart from one another, we thought a blog would be a great way to still do something together and for family and friends to keep up with us. Follow us as we share our love for cooking, the great outdoors, and home.

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Move Has Just Begun


Big news! We finally got our stuff! The PackRat man came today and delivered my life in a metal container that sits in my driveway. It's been there since 9:30 this morning (that's 11:30 to you east coasters). I went to open it up and make sure it was my life in there and not someone else's. Yup, it's definitely mine. I took one look, closed it back up and haven't touched it since. For all the excitement I felt upon it's arrival, that excitement has turned into exhaustion. I took an hour long nap after contemplating the effort it will take to unpack that sucker!
Along with anticipating our "stuff" arrival, we have been painting like fools lately. This house looks like it hasn't been touched in about 50 years. How people have lived in this old house with dark paneling or a pepto pink tile/wall bathroom for the past 50 without so much as new paint is hard to imagine. We're dressing this old girl up! I can't wait to show you before and after pictures, but you will have to wait...furniture first. I want you guys to get the full effect. Is the suspense killing you?

While the inside of the house needs a lot of work, thankfully, the outside doesn't. It seems as though someone has loved and cared for this land for a long time. This past weekend we discovered an apple tree and a cherry tree. The cherry tree is rockin! It's a day or two away from picking time. I can't wait to climb up that tree as high as my guts can stand to play a real life game of Hi-Ho Cherry-O!
So, while we pick the paint out of our hair and clean the 1960s from our house, I leave you with this...
You're going to come a long way baby.

Brit

1 comment:

  1. You girls are amazing. I am loving reading about your lives now! Both of you are fantastic writers so keep up the good work. Brit, I want some of those dang cherries! and lavendar and garlic and...oh my...I'm coming to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete