The two sisters

The oldest, B, and her husband recently made the move out West from the Carolinas. They are getting accustomed to life in the country and becoming a student once again for the mister. The youngest, A, and her husband made a short move within the Carolinas for the mister to once again, become a student.

When we both found ourselves in similar situations - moving and the misters going back to school - but far apart from one another, we thought a blog would be a great way to still do something together and for family and friends to keep up with us. Follow us as we share our love for cooking, the great outdoors, and home.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Blogging

Because I'm feeling frisky and need a break from work, I decided to blog about blogging. I love lists so here are my thoughts so far (it has been 24 hours) on blogging in list form:

  • I love to blog stalk read random blogs which involves finding blogs and checking them frequently but not becoming a follower. I do not encourage that with this blog because we want to know who is reading it as a motivator to continue on so be sure to follow us.

  • Blogging is intimidating. I love to read about a person's everyday life such as what cleaning product they used today or how much their baby belly has grown in a week (yes I am admitting it), but I feel my everyday life would be boring for others. For instance, who wants to hear that I am sitting at my in laws for 8 hours a day straight "working from home" while also living here. (Not complaining one bit as I am thankful my in laws have allowed us to invade their lives and not be homeless while Wes finishes up his last days of work here in Greenville)

  • From one blog post I have discovered that my sister is an unbelievable writer. I have never heard words like that in my birthday cards from her. I guess "happy birthday brat" is comparable.

  • If you start a blog with your sister, it will make your mother's day and you will receive emails from her saying things such as "OMG it is my new 'favorite' on my computer." She really is the cutest! (Love you, Mom)

  • The first 24 hours of blogging you will think constantly about what is interesting enough to post about and do I really want to do this...or at least I have.
Bear with us as we feel out the blog world and post random thoughts and maybe a recipe, how to's (build your own desk from an old door), or gardening tip or two.

Timidly,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment