The two sisters

The oldest, B, and her husband recently made the move out West from the Carolinas. They are getting accustomed to life in the country and becoming a student once again for the mister. The youngest, A, and her husband made a short move within the Carolinas for the mister to once again, become a student.

When we both found ourselves in similar situations - moving and the misters going back to school - but far apart from one another, we thought a blog would be a great way to still do something together and for family and friends to keep up with us. Follow us as we share our love for cooking, the great outdoors, and home.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pawley's Front Porch

As you can tell from my previous posts, I enjoy food and think about it often. I very often plan out my meals in advance. Without a doubt, at breakfast or before I'm thinking about lunch, dinner, and snacks in between.

We eat at home a lot. When we do eat out, we carefully pick the place. This time we went with Pawley's Front Porch since we were craving a laid back dinner and a beer.

We try to eat somewhat decent at home (that excludes my complete lack of self control for sweets and carbs) and let loose when we go out. By trying to eat decent at home, I mean we stock up on whole wheat pasta instead of regular, fruits and veggies for snacks, and whole fruit frozen treats instead of the loaded desserts. Okay, let me be honest. You will find me stuffing my face with popcorn and raisinets after eating a big fat burger at Pawley's or running to the cabinet and having Triscuits and string cheese while cleaning up dinner. My recent favorite indulgence, pink lemonade cake! Oh my! There is a bakery in Greenville that makes a three tier pink lemonade cake and that was a birthday request. I am pretty sure I ate 3/4 of the cake myself, literally, within three days. I just couldn't resist. If anyone has a recipe for pink lemonade cake, please send it my way. This one consists of pink cake, custard-like filling in between each layer with a tang to it, and whipped icing. Unfortunately, it didn't last long enough to take a picture.

Back to the restaurant. We couldn't resist trying this place as I knew it was featured on Food Network. Check out the video.

It was a great place to have a beer and relax on a warm, ok miserably hot, day in Columbia. I got the Kiawah burger. It came with portabella mushrooms, brie cheese, and roasted red peppers. I went with sweet potato fries as the side. You can never go wrong with sweet potato fries. They were delicious. The burger, eh, I won't pick it again. It wasn't the taste I was going for. The brie was too strong.

Wes went with the special which was the South Beach Burger. Oh. my. goodness. I wish he would have switched with me. Side note: We do not like to share our food (if we enjoy it). For us, sharing good food comes with great hesitation! Back to the burger, oh my. The "fixins" were pepper jack cheese, jalapeno bacon, and chipotle ranch. Wes went with the onion rings for his side. I must say, he out ordered me on this one. Although, I would stick with the sweet potato fries.

Wish I had pictures of the deliciousness but I'm still not used to taking pics of everything to share via blog. Next time we cook burgers at home, we're going to get creative. Any favorite burger creations you suggest?

Happy eating!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment