The two sisters

The oldest, B, and her husband recently made the move out West from the Carolinas. They are getting accustomed to life in the country and becoming a student once again for the mister. The youngest, A, and her husband made a short move within the Carolinas for the mister to once again, become a student.

When we both found ourselves in similar situations - moving and the misters going back to school - but far apart from one another, we thought a blog would be a great way to still do something together and for family and friends to keep up with us. Follow us as we share our love for cooking, the great outdoors, and home.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

How can I compete

with my sister's blog postings? They are fantabulous! I gush with big sis pride when I read them. For all of those with sisters out there, we are lucky little devils!
Okay, that's about the most sentimental I can get before I turn into a mess.

So, A has gotten us caught up on all of the family time that's been going on over the past month or two. Why do the moments that you want to last forever go by in a flash?

After family time in Vegas, I was lucky enough to head to Honlulu for work. I know, I can't even believe it even as I type it out. I got to go to Honolulu for WORK!!
And how can one go to Hawaii for work and not manage to squeeze in some vacation time? I squeezed!
I grabbed one of my closest friends and we jet-setted straight from Vegas to Honolulu. After I knocked out work for a day and a half (and it was even fun, considering it was work), we got down to some serious vacation time for the rest of our week in Hawaii.

We did so much in a week! Ate at the finest, most local places (including an incredible wine bar that I don't think many tourists get to experience), stayed at one of the newest, fanciest hotels in Waikiki, Chinese New Year celebration in Chinatown, soaked up the most beautiful sun/beaches in North Shore that I've ever seen, surfed (my new obsession), whale watched, surfer watched, looked adorable in our rental, red, convertible and indulged in massages and facials. Words, pictures, memories will never do it all justice.
J-Kills, you are the best travel companion a girl could have. Too much fun with you!!

Here are some pictures.
If you haven't been to Hawaii, stop what you are doing right now and book a flight.
B



3 comments:

  1. Best post ever ;) Really though, you better stop that nonsense right now...or else you'll make me cry.

    Love the pics of Hawaii. I want to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both make me cry. I miss you ALL!!! Want to hear lots more about the Hawaii trip.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mahalo Friend! It was a trip I will never forget! xoxo Jules

    ReplyDelete