The two sisters

The oldest, B, and her husband recently made the move out West from the Carolinas. They are getting accustomed to life in the country and becoming a student once again for the mister. The youngest, A, and her husband made a short move within the Carolinas for the mister to once again, become a student.

When we both found ourselves in similar situations - moving and the misters going back to school - but far apart from one another, we thought a blog would be a great way to still do something together and for family and friends to keep up with us. Follow us as we share our love for cooking, the great outdoors, and home.

Friday, January 28, 2011

so about last night...

W had lots of reading to do as he is in the middle of catching up with classes from the snow days. Did I mention it snowed here..again? Probably not because snow days mean nothing to me since I work from home. Really, I don't like them anymore. Back to last night...

With W reading a million pages, I decided I would catch up on my magazine stack with a glass of wine and candle. Sounds so relaxing, right? Caught up in the moment, I went to put my glass of wine on the table without looking and next thing you know I'm saying screaming "W, I need your help now."

Enter W. The scene - red wine splattered on the light colored cloth ottoman, light colored cloth sectional, and light colored braided rug. oops.

A: "Get damp paper towels and dab, NOT rub"
W: "How did you manage this? Seriously, tell me the truth about what happened."
A: "I don't know. Really, I don't. It just fell out of my hand. You see I was just about to tell you that my hands have been falling asleep and..."

Enough of the play by play, but that was really the convo and it continued in that same fashion. We decided to  break out the Resolve because the dabbing wasn't completely working. After everything was sprayed, I needed to wipe off the table where the glass (unshattered) with a little bit of wine left was still sitting. W stepped out to get more paper towels and before he could return he heard a shatter and "uh oh, I need more towels." Yes, I managed to knock the glass off the table, splatter more red wine on the couch (different cushion) and break the glass this time. My what-else-can-you-do-but-laugh reflex kicked in and let's just say W's did not :) He stepped out of the room for a breather and heard "click/snap." As he walked in, I was taking a picture of the disaster instead of cleaning because it was such an unbelievable series of events that I had to document it. I will refrain from posting those pictures as I don't think that action was viewed favorably.

A roll of papers towels and flashlight inspection of the rug later, we retreated to the two unstained cushions on the sectional with a new glass of red wine.

I have not built up the courage to check out the victims today, but last night they seemed to be healing nicely.

Cheers!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment