The two sisters

The oldest, B, and her husband recently made the move out West from the Carolinas. They are getting accustomed to life in the country and becoming a student once again for the mister. The youngest, A, and her husband made a short move within the Carolinas for the mister to once again, become a student.

When we both found ourselves in similar situations - moving and the misters going back to school - but far apart from one another, we thought a blog would be a great way to still do something together and for family and friends to keep up with us. Follow us as we share our love for cooking, the great outdoors, and home.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jugs

Milk jugs, that is...
Every Tuesday morning, I start my day by checking my front porch for milk. A local farm just north of me delivers their fresh milk and other local goods like cheese, jam, and eggs right to my front door. While this is becoming more popular in large cities, there is still a small country feel. I imagine the milk truck stopping in front of my house and a man in an all white uniform and hat skips to my front porch with milk in hand. I have never seen nor heard the delivery truck, so I check the wooden box on my front porch like a kid looking under a pillow for a dollar left by the tooth fairy. I wonder if the milkman wears a tutu and wings...
Another exciting discovery...a two-wheeled dream come true! I have been on the hunt for a cruiser style bike for some time now. I had recently convinced myself to be patient and wait for the right thing to come along. And then, there she was! James was cleaning out the garage so that both of our cars can fit in there in the winter (THANK YOU, James!) and found exactly what I've been looking for. I'm going to try to screw the basket that I bought onto the back this week, but in the meantime, she rides like a two-wheeled dream...
B

No comments:

Post a Comment